Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Triada Samaras: Upcoming Kean University Faculty Show Fall 2022

Delivered these two babies to Howe Gallery at Kean Univeristy today for an upcoming faculty exhibition.  The left one is 24 x 48 inches oil on cavas "Disconnect 4" and the right one is a bit smaller oil/mixed media on canvas "Reaching". These paintings come from the 'inner', and are inspired by mind scapes I see with my eyes closed. Done at the same time as my recent Maine en plein air paintings, they prove to me how bi-polar the Long Covid experience can feel. This series is done slowly with oil paint as my medium.  I love black.  Is it obvious? Many thanks to my two colleagues: Julie Harris and Anna Shukelo for curating/hanging this exhibition! I will post updates as the exhibition nears....

Triada Samaras


(Left side of image) 

Disconnect 2, 2022, 

Oil on canvas, 

48 x 24 inches

(Right side of image) 

Reaching, 2022 

oil/paper on canvas, 

44 x 22 inches


(Available)


Contact:  
email: triadasamaras@gmail.com
cell 917-5586157