Saturday, July 2, 2016

From New York to New Jersey and Back

I have taken many, many photographs on my commute from New York to New Jersey and back again.  I use a couple of different cameras, nothing fancy.  All the shots are spontaneous, natural shots.  I see nothing (or only an idea) in advance of the image until I actually catch the moment, and later see the "film."  Of course, there is no film, this is all digital. I like working this way very much as it allows me maximum flexibility.

Commuting is a journey all unto itself and I will have a lot to say about being behind a windshield while I view the world at large.  There is a sense that one can touch and even grasp the world at large, but there is a stillness and a privacy which comes from being behind not only a camera, but a pane of windshield glass.  I will save the words for another time, however.  Now, the images ought to suffice.


I am starting a new web page featuring some of these photos and am begining the process of editing them for writing.  I am really in love with many of these pics.  I hope you might be too.
So here is number ONE:


Brooklyn NewYork iphone pic c.Triada Samaras 2016
And here is version 2 of Number One (below):
It is absolute dizzying how many small changes one can make while editing.
Number Three (below) is an unaltered iphone6 pic of Downtown Manhattan. 
Yes the world looked exactly like this to my iPhone camera that evening.
New York, NewYork iphone6 pic c.Triada Samaras 2016
While I could indeed edit this one a bit, I like leaving it "naked" as the moment was truly extraordinary.