Saturday, July 29, 2017

New Painting: "Unraveled"

I have finally put the finishing touches on a new/old painting that I titled today: "Unraveled".  As with all my paintings this one went through many stages to reach its current state.  The oil stick happened mid-way through.  Once I discovered it (quite by accident I must say) I liked it immediately. It gives texture and I do not have to endure the smell of various chemicals in the studio.  I am excited to be saying this painting finished.  (phewwwwww)

Above:  Unraveled Oil and oilstick on canvas 36" x 46" c. Triada Samaras 2017


Stay tuned for something new:  a photo-intaglio of an image of this painting.  I had the good fortune to work with Printmaker Julie Harris yesterday who coached me through my first print....and I liked that process.