Sunday, February 9, 2014

More Student Text Art


The text art works below are created in my Fine Arts Foundation Class  at Kean University.  These are non-art majors:  their majors include criminal justice, biology, occupational therapy and many others.  I love to see my students' choices of figures as well as the words they select as well as where they choose to place these words.  Often students choose figures from popular culture;  sometimes they do a self-portrait.

 
  
As I wrote earlier, LINK many people are surprised to find that undergraduate, non-art majors in a university can create compelling art works.  For me, it is a no-brainer.  I have always believed that, “Art is not the possession of the few who are recognized writers, painters, musicians; it is the authentic expression of any and all individuality” (Dewey p. 109).  For more text art work see LINK .  Triada